Had a problem with an usb drive that I prevously had used with http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ this was the only solution that I found that worked:
- Open “Command Prompt” with admin rights.
- Type DISKPART & hit enter
- Type LIST DISK & note down the Disk number of your USB flash drive.
- Type SELECT DISK = & put your USB Disk Number at the end example = SELECT DISK 1
- Type CLEAN
- Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
- Type ACTIVE
- Type FORMAT FS=NTFS
Note: The format process may take some time to complete
- Type ASSIGN
- Type EXIT
& Close “Command Prompt”
Many thanks to KEX.